Post #53 – KTO – Korea Tourism Organization – is the official organization representing tourism to South Korea. Their website promotes destinations, attractions, and events, and is a treasure trove of information about everything related to your future visit to this beautiful country. I hope that by furthering the reach of this information, we can benefit both, Korean tourism and the future visitors to Korea. Below is information on the 2018 Cultural Tourism Festivals all across the country that might inspire you to chose a time and place for your future travels. Korea is waiting for you. (Source: http://kto.visitkorea.or.kr/eng/pr/ktonews.kto.)
KTO Press Release on 2018 Cultural Tourism Festivals
The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism has announced the 2018 Cultural Tourism Festivals. The list
includes 41 festivals in total, including Premier Festivals Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Festival, Muju Firefly Festival, and Jarasum International Jazz Festival, along with seven Best Festivals, 10 Excellent Festivals, and 21 Up-and-coming Festivals.
This year, Muju Firefly Festival and Jarasum International Jazz Festival have been promoted to Premier Festivals, and Hyoseok Cultural Festival has been added to the Best Festivals list.
Since 1995, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism has designated an annual list of top cultural tourism festivals in various themes taking place throughout the country in order to promote the country’s vast cultural content.
2018 Premier & Best Cultural Tourism Festivals
* Festival dates are subject to change.
Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Festival
– Period: January 6-28, 2018
– Venue: 137, Sancheoneo-gil, Hwacheon-eup, Hwacheon-gun, Gangwon-do
– Website: www.narafestival.com (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, German, French, Spanish)
Mungyeong Traditional Chasabal Festival
– Period: April 28 – May 7, 2018
– Venue: 2416, Mungyeong-daero, Mungyeong-eup, Mungyeong-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do
– Website: www.sabal21.com (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
Sancheong Medicinal Herb Festival
– Period: September 29 – October 9, 2018
– Venue: 61, Donguibogam-ro 555beon-gil, Geumseo-myeon, Sancheong-gun, Gyeongsangnam-do
Icheon Rice Cultural Festival
– Period: October 17-21, 2018
– Venue: 418-2, Gwango-dong, Icheon-si, Gyeonggi-do
Hyoseok Cultural Festival
– Period: September 1-9, 2018
– Venue: 157, Ihyoseok-gil, Bongpyeong-myeon, Pyeongchang-gun, Gangwon-do
Ministry of Culture, Sports & Tourism website: www.mcst.go.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)